Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Carli Molinelli: Professional Page designer


Carli Molinelli understands that success doesn't come from nothing, and that any person who wants to write for the Buchtelite needs to have that same mindset.

"Take the chance," Molinelli said.  "That's how I ended up here.  I took the chance and I got the job, and it's been a great experience.  No matter what you do for us, it's still a great experience."

As a page designer, it's Molinelli's job to make the Buchtelite attracive.

"I'm not a graphic design major, so I have a different viewpoint than our other page designers who are graphic design majors," she said.  "They tend to want to use computer graphics, because that's what they're used to, where I am more in favor of hand drawn."

Molinelli says that she's proud to work for the Buchtelite because we do things in a way that other newspaper don't.

"I think what we're doing well is that we're telling the news the way it's supposed to be told," she said.  "For instance, when the University sent out the emails to only male black students, we were the only paper to print the email along with the article."


Keep coming back for more interviews with the Buchtelite staff!

Have a good day!

David

No comments:

Post a Comment